Candied Pomelo Rind
Candied pomelo rind. A unique and easy citrus candy for the holidays.
This recipe contains pomelo, sugar, water
2 cups servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 pomelo
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1. Use a paring knife to make four slices along the top of the pomelo rind to the bottom. Peel pomelo saving the fruit for a different purpose.
- 2. Carefully remove all of the white pith from the green peel. The pith is quite bitter so you want to remove as much as you can. Discard the pith.
- 3. Slice the pomelo rind into 1/4 inch by 3 inch sticks.
- 4. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place pomelo rind in the pot and blanch for one minute. Discard the water and rinse rind under cool water. Repeat this process three times. This will help to remove a lot of the rinds bitterness.
- 5. Place two cups of water and two cups of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- 6. Add pomelo rind to the sugar water and simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rinds are translucent.
- 7. Carefully move the rinds to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let them dry for about 3 hours, turning them halfway through.
- 8. Store in a sealed container.