Cajun Shrimp Boil Grill Packs
We love having Shrimp Boils here in the South and tonight we made one for the three of us- but on the grill!
This recipe contains shrimp, sausage (chorizo), corn (fresh), potatoes (red), mushrooms, onions (yellow), butter, chicken broth, cajun seasoning
2 - 3 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled (tails on if you like)
- 3 links of sausage (I like spicy Chorizo), sliced
- 2 whole ears of corn on the cob, cut into fourths
- 3 red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 whole yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. Cajun/Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's or Phil Robertson's),
- 1. . Heat grill (can also be made in the oven at 400 degrees).
- 2. 2. Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, mushroom, onion, shrimp, and sausage between 2 to 3 heavy-duty aluminum foil sheets.
- 3. 3. Drizzle melted butter and chicken broth over each foil packet.
- 4. 4. Season evenly (and generously), to taste with Cajun seasoning.
- 5. 5. Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- 6. 6. Grill 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, flipping once half-way through.
- 7. 7. Open packets, place on plates, and serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce if desired. Enjoy!