Broccoli Soup with Garlic & Chilli
Broccoli is good for us and delicious - try this spiced up gorgeous broccoli soup.
This recipe contains broccoli, potatoes, olive oil, onions, garlic, crushed red pepper, water, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 500 g. broccoli
- 1 large potato
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small onions (or 1 medium)
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- about 1 litre water or stock
- 1. Roughly chop the broccoli.
- 2. Peel and dice the potato.
- 3. Finely chop the onion.
- 4. Heat olive oil in large saucepan and add the onion and gently cook for 2 minutes.
- 5. Add the crushed garlic and chili flakes.
- 6. Cook gently for another 2 minutes.
- 7. Add the diced potato; stir well and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- 8. Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and gently cook with lid on saucepan for 10 minutes.
- 9. This 'pan roasting' of broccoli helps bring out flavor before adding liquid but stir frequently so it doesn't catch on the bottom of the pan.
- 10. Add enough stock or water to cover the vegetables, bring to boil and then simmer gently with lid on for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 11. Blitz with hand blender, check seasoning.
- 12. Make cheat croutons by toasting thick slice of bread, drizzle generous amount of olive oil over top and dice.
- 13. Ladle soup into serving bowl.
- 14. Put croutons in middle and grate of some Parmesan. Delicious, warming and very nutritious!