Broccoli Cheddar Soup
A delicious and hearty cheddar broccoli soup. A soup recipe perfect for those cold fall days.
This recipe contains butter, shallots, onions (yellow), garlic, broccoli, celery, potatoes (yukon gold), mustard powder, thyme, chicken stock, spinach (baby), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), milk, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) baby spinach
- 10 oz. 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1. In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté shallots and onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- 2. Add broccoli, celery, spinach and potatoes. Sprinkle with mustard and thyme. Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour chicken stock over vegetables and bring to a boil.
- 4. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 40-60 minutes.
- 5. In batches puree the soup in a blender. Return soup to pot and stir in shredded cheese.
- 6. Slowly whisk in milk and return to a simmer for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. This makes about 8 servings, but it also freezes really well!