Broccoli and Red Pepper Stirfry with Cashews
I generally make up my recipes as I go along, and because I always have lots of fresh produce on hand, I get creative. While my husband prefers traditional meat, poultry or fish as the main course, I can get away with serving vegetarian meals as long as they look good and are filling. The tofu is “disguised” by crumbling it and giving it more flavor by pre-seasoning with teriyaki sauce before it’s added to the vegetables
This recipe contains tofu, teriyaki sauce, bell peppers (red), beans (green), broccoli, onions (red), garlic, cooking spray, salt, cashews, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 8 oz. organic tofu
- 1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce, divided use
- 1 organic red pepper
- 1/2 lb. organic green beans
- 1/2 bunch of organic broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 clove(s) garlic cloves
- Olive oil spray
- Salt for seasoning
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted and lightly salted cashews
- pepper for seasoning
- 1. Drain the tofu and mash with a fork so that it crumbles. Add half of the teriyaki sauce stirring to combine.
- 2. Rinse, trim, core, and cut the red pepper into thin strips.
- 3. Rinse the green beans and trim.
- 4. Rinse the broccoli and cut into florets.
- 5. Slice the onion into thin strips.
- 6. Peel the garlic and slice.
- 7. Transfer the green beans and broccoli to a microwave-safe dish. Add a cup of water, cover and microwave for 3 minutes, then drain.
- 8. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium high heat, stir fry the red pepper, onion and garlic for until tender about 3 minutes.
- 9. Add the broccoli and green beans, stirring to combine. Add the remaining teriyaki sauce, tofu, and cashews. Stir fry until heated through.