Brie, pear and prosciutto pizza
Ontario pears are ripe for picking in the late summer. Who needs delivery? Keep some pizza dough on hand to make a sweet and savoury meal the whole family will love. For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce, like Ontario pears, into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), pizza dough, cheese (brie), pears (bosc), olive oil, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), prosciutto, parsley (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 30 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 portions frozen pizza dough, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 7/8 cup(s) brie, cut into thin slices
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 30 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (about 1-1/2 cups) grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 slice(s) slices of prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped parsley
- 1. Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 425F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with oil.
- 2. Dust a counter with flour. Roll out each portion of dough into 8 inch-wide rounds.
- 3. Brush tops of pizza and crust with oil. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 4. Top with brie slices, then pear slices.
- 5. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until bottom of crust is golden and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6. Sprinkle with prosciutto and parsley.