Breakfast egg quinoa with berries
This breakfast idea is really a fruity quinoa omelette in a ramekin. It is very easy to make and if you cook the quinoa ahead of time (you can keep cooked quinoa in the fridge for up to 5 days) it takes minutes to put together. It is packed with protein and fibre, perfect to kick start your day. Enjoy!
This recipe contains eggs, fruit, quinoa, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 6 eggs
- 250 g. fresh seasonal fruit
- 6 tbsp. heaped tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup(s) single cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Cinnamon for sprinkling, maple or agave syrup for drizzling (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5.
- 2. Beat the eggs, sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the quinoa and stir well.
- 4. Fold in the fruit. Spoon the mixture into 6 or 7 ramekins.
- 5. Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- 6. Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle with maple or agave syrup for extra sweetness if you like, and serve.