Allergy-Free Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Until you combine olives, sundried tomatoes and pepperoni as a stuffing for your Portobello mushrooms, you are going to deprive your guests of a tantalizing taste sensation. Take a look at this allergen-free recipe, courtesy of Piller's Fine Foods.
This recipe contains pepperoni, mushrooms (portobello), oil (vegetable), onions (green/spring), garlic (fresh), , bell peppers (red), olives (black), olive oil
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 Piller's Simply Free Pepperoni sticks, finely diced
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms (stems removed)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) mushroom stems, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 tbsp. black olives, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with vegetable oil.
- 3. Remove stems from mushrooms and dice until you have ½ cup.
- 4. Place mushroom caps on baking sheet and spray both sides with vegetable oil.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 6. Meanwhile, heat a skillet with vegetable oil spray; add oil and sauté onions for 3 minutes.
- 7. Add pepperoni and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 8. Add garlic and mushroom stems and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 9. Add bell peppers and olives; sauté for 2 minutes.
- 10. Preheat oven to broil and spoon pepperoni filling over top mushroom caps.
- 11. Sprinkle olive oil over top and broil for 1 minute just until topping browns.
- 12. Serves 4.