Adobo Pork Tostadas
Make in the slow-cooker if you plan ahead, last minute craving - pressure cooker. Both ways are delicious!
This recipe contains pork shoulder, tomatoes (with green chiles), chicken broth, peppers (chipotle), garlic, salt, cumin, cumin (seeds), coriander, black pepper, beans (refried), tortillas (corn), mixed salad greens, tomatoes, avocados, cheese (queso fresco), sour cream
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 hr
- 1 - 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast
- 10 oz. can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 6 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) refried beans
- 8 whole corn tostada shells or corn tortillas
- 1 cup(s) mixed greens
- 1 cup(s) chopped tomato
- 1 whole avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) queso fresco cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1. Trim fat from pork; cut pork into chunks.
- 2. Place pork in 4 or 5 qt. slow cooker.
- 3. In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, broth, chipotle peppers, garlic, salt, cumin, cumin seeds, coriander and black pepper; pour over pork in cooker.
- 4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- 5. Remove pork from cooker.
- 6. Using two forks, shred pork.
- 7. Spread refried beans over tostada shells.
- 8. Top evenly with pork mixture.
- 9. Divide greens, tomato, avocado and cheese evenly among tostadas.
- 10. Top each with sour cream.
- 11. Pressure Cooker: Combine all ingredients as above, and cook at 15 lbs. pressure for 35-40 minutes.