A Stalk of Abalone Flower On Mother’s Day!
I was in one of my wacky moods again & thought of playing with my food. I’m really happy with the outcome. Something very simple but better than buying her a gift. Most importantly, the smile on her face brought me joy. What do you think of my stalk of Abalone Flower?
This recipe contains , spinach (fresh), , oyster sauce, chinese cooking wine, oil (sesame), olive oil, cornstarch, salt
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 1 can(s) oz. Abalone
- 1 pkg(s) pkt Spinach
- 1 tsp. Wolfberries
- 1 tsp. Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. Chinese wine
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1. Wash vegetables thoroughly. Pick out few stalks of spinach & set aside for presentation. Cut up the rest.
- 2. Boil unopened can of Abalone for 30 min – 2hrs in hot water. 30 min is sufficient but if you want the Abalone stock to be really rich & fragrant, leave it to boil for 2hrs if you've time.
- 3. Cool before opening the can.
- 4. Cut abalone into slices.
- 5. Heat abalone stock. Rinse wolfberries & add into stock. Cook till soft.
- 6. Drain & set aside.
- 7. Throw in stalks of spinach for presentation use. Cook for couple of mins. Drain & set aside.
- 8. Add in the rest of the vegetables & mix well. Cover & simmer.
- 9. Spinach is ready when steam emits from the lid.
- 10. Drain & put on serving plate.
- 11. Top with abalone slices, leaving some to make the flower.
- 12. On another plate, start decorating your stalk of flower.
- 13. Heat stock & add cornstarch when boiling. Drizzle the sauce onto the 2 plates of abalone & kill two birds with one stone!