6 Ingredient Lamb and Cashew Curry
6 simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time are all you need to create this lamb and cashew curry; a steaming bowl of Indian-inspired awesomeness!
This recipe contains onions, garlic, curry powder, cashew nuts, coconut milk, lamb, rice, fresh cilantro, vegetable oil
4 - 6 servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 - 5 cloves of garlic (*depending on you garlic friendliness), minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 150g of cashews
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500g lamb, diced
- Rice to serve
- Fresh cilantro
- 1. Place the cashews and coconut milk in a food processor or blender and blitz until a thick and creamy consistency is formed.
- 2. Place a large pan or wok over high heat. Sauté the onions with a little oil until translucent.
- 3. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds more.
- 4. Add the curry powder, stirring constantly for a minute or so until fragrant.
- 5. Slowly stir in the cashew sauce and 400ml of water.
- 6. Bring to the boil.
- 7. Rescue to a steady simmer and add the lamb.
- 8. Cook for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked.
- 9. Serve with rice.