6 Ingredient Lamb and Cashew Curry
6 simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time are all you need to create this lamb and cashew curry; a steaming bowl of Indian-inspired awesomeness!
This recipe contains onions, garlic, curry powder, cashew nuts, milk (coconut), lamb, rice, fresh cilantro, vegetable oil
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 whole large Onion, diced
- 2 - 5 clove(s) garlic (*depending on your garlic friendliness), minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Curry Powder
- 150 g. cashews
- 400 ml. coconut milk
- 500 g. lamb, diced
- 2 cup(s) rice
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1. Place the cashews and coconut milk in a food processor or blender and blitz until a thick and creamy consistency is formed.
- 2. Place a large pan or wok over high heat. Sauté the onions with a little oil until translucent.
- 3. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds more.
- 4. Add the curry powder, stirring constantly for a minute or so until fragrant.
- 5. Slowly stir in the cashew sauce and 400ml of water.
- 6. Bring to the boil.
- 7. Rescue to a steady simmer and add the lamb.
- 8. Cook for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked.
- 9. Serve with rice.