40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken
This easy, delicious and rustic recipe is the perfect comfort food. Is exceptional served with garlic herbed mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice. Freezes well and makes the most delicious left-overs!
This recipe contains olive oil, salt, pepper, chicken (thighs), garlic, thyme, rosemary, white wine dry, chicken stock, fresh thyme, rosemary (fresh), heavy cream, parsley fresh
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pn. salt
- 1 pn. Pepper
- 8 whole Chicken thighs
- 40 clove(s) garlic - whole
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 8 whole sprigs fresh thyme tied in a bundle
- 1 whole sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350
- 2. On the stove top, on medium high heat, place olive oil in a dutch oven.
- 3. Brown the chicken thighs over the medium high heat 2 at a time – allow about 2 minutes per side.
- 4. Set the chicken aside in a separate dish.
- 5. Add the garlic cloves to the pan and heat until slightly browned – about 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Deglaze the pan by adding the wine all at once – allow to cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken stock.
- 7. Turn off the stove top heat.
- 8. Add the dried and fresh herbs.
- 9. Replace chicken into the dutch oven and replace the lid.
- 10. Put dutch oven into the oven on rack so that the dutch oven is positioned into the middle of the oven.
- 11. Cook x 35 mins.
- 12. Remove from the oven and allow to rest x 10 minutes.
- 13. Do not remove the lid.
- 14. After 10 minutes, remove the chicken to a place and cover with an aluminum foil tent and replace the dutch oven onto the stove top on medium low heat
- 15. Add the heavy cream and allow to cook until the sauce in the pan has thickened slightly – about 5 minutes.
- 16. Remove the fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs.
- 17. Pour cream sauce with garlic cloves over the top of the chicken, sprinkle with the chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.