15 Minute Healthy Dark Chocolate Truffles
These dark chocolate truffles are ready in less than 15 minutes to satisfy any dessert cravings. They are made with 100% healthy ingredients, using only natural sweeteners as sugar. They are packed with fiber, protein, and lots of other nutrients.
This recipe contains dates (dried), almonds, pecans, cocoa powder, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, agave nectar, sea salt, water, , coconut flakes, sprinkles, cocoa powder, nuts
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 15 whole dried dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup(s) sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar (or honey)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup(s) hot water
- Optional for coating the truffles:
- 1 - 3 ds. coconut flakes
- 1 - 3 ds. sprinkles
- 1 - 3 ds. cocoa powder
- 1 - 3 ds. nuts
- 1. Soak the dates in hot water while you get the rest of the ingredients and start on step 2 (about 5 minutes). The water should be hot to the touch but not hot enough to burn you.
- 2. Process the almonds in a food processor until coarse almond meal is formed.
- 3. Add the pecans and process until they are ground up into a coarse meal as well.
- 4. Drain the dates and use your hand to squeeze out excess water.
- 5. Add the drained dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, agave nectar, and salt to the food processor.
- 6. Process until a smooth paste forms.
- 7. Use a tablespoon measure to help you form the truffles.
- 8. Pack a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into the tablespoon measure – really pack it in there.
- 9. Use your fingers to slide the half-rounded ball out of the tablespoon measure, and then use your hands to form a tightly packed ball of truffle goodness.
- 10. Be gentle with them – I found that they fall apart if you try to roll them into balls. It is best to squish them with your hand into perfect little spheres.
- 11. Form truffles until you use up all the mixture. The last bit that was not enough for a truffle went straight into my mouth. :)
- 12. If you choose to, gently roll the truffles in the toppings of your choice. I had some turtle crunch sprinkles, unsweetened coconut flakes, and extra cocoa powder.
- 13. The cocoa powder definitely gives the the truffles an extra dark chocolate kick, so if you don’t like the bitterness of the cocoa powder then don’t use that as a topping.