10-Minute Bean Stew
10 minutes is literally all you need to make this bean stew - making this the perfect dish for a busy day.
This recipe contains tomatoes (cherry), lemon juice, thyme, tomatoes (puree), tomatoes (diced), beans (kidney), garlic, black pepper, , spinach (fresh), kale, rice (brown), quinoa, salt
Cook time: 10 min
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 can(s) oz. chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 can(s) oz. kidney beans (drained 240 g)
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- Optional: to serve
- brown rice
- 1. Add the canned tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato puree and thyme to a large saucepan.
- 2. Cut 5 cherry tomatoes into quarters and crush 2 garlic gloves - add them to the pan.
- 3. Add the juice of half a lemon along with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Turn on the heat.
- 5. Bring the stew to a boil before turning down the heat to allow it to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper before serving.