"Impossible" Coconut Pie
Delicious and yet so easy. It's impossible to go wrong with this tropical sweet pie dessert
This recipe contains eggs, sugar, butter, coconut flakes, lemons, oranges, lemon juice, juice (orange), milk (coconut), flour
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 20 min
- 3 Eggs
- 130 g. Sugar
- 75 g. Butter, softened
- 60 g. Desiccated coconut
- 5 1/2 tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Orange zest
- 60 ml. Lemon juice (or add to taste)
- 125 ml. m Orange juice
- 200 ml. Thick coconut milk
- 70 g. Plain flour, sifted
- 1. Preheat oven to 340F/ 170C.
- 2. Place the eggs, sugar, butter, desiccated coconut, lemon and orange zest and juice, coconut milk and flour in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- 3. Pour into a buttered 22cm (9 inch) pie tray.
- 4. Place pie tray at the lower rack of the oven and bake for 60 - 80 minutes.
- 5. Loosely cover with aluminium foil when you find the pie turning brown during half way of baking.
- 6. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- 7. Slice and serve with a little whipped cream and passion fruit or blueberry jam and sprinkle some toasted desiccated coconut over it.