”Ek Lardki” Masala Squash aur Phool Gobi ka Curry
A tasty single serving curry, full of autumn's bounteous vegetables.
This recipe contains winter squash, cauliflower, ketchup, water, ginger (ground), coriander, turmeric, sriracha or cayenne pepper, tofu, fresh spinach
1 serving servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 oz cubed winter squash
- 3.5 oz rough chopped cauliflower
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup water, plus additional (you'll end up adding about 1/2 cup more)
- 1/2 heaping tsp each: ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp each: turmeric powder, garam masala
- a squirt of sriracha or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 block well pressed lite firm tofu
- 85g spinach (about two large handfuls), chopped (unless using baby spinach you could leave that whole)
- 1. Add to a medium sized skillet (preferably cast iron) your cubed squash and chopped cauliflower.
- 2. In a measuring cup, whisk together the ketchup, 1/4 cup water, the spices and sriracha.
- 3. Add about 1/2 cup more water to this and add to your vegetables in the skillet.
- 4. Bring the skillet to a boil over medium heat. Once a boil has been reached, reduce to a simmer, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally, until your vegetables are fully tender.
- 5. Once cooked, add in the cubed tofu and chopped spinach, mix, and cook over the low heat until the spinach has wilted.
- 6. Remove from heat and enjoy with rice, flatbread, or as is.