Easy shredded pie with cherries (or jam, or berries, anything)
This pie was a signature recipe of my Grandmother Maria, today would be her birthday , so I decided to bake this pie for the first time in my life. I ate it hundreds of times, but never thought that this deliciousness is so simple to cook.
This recipe contains flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, water, baking powder, butter
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. sour cream or mayo
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 butter.
- 1. I was baking this pie with cherries, so in my execution it’s sweet and sour shredded pie.
- 2. Sift flour, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of baking powder, mix everything very well.
- 3. Shred the butter and mix it with the flour-sugar-baking powder.
- 4. In a separate bowl mix: egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or mayo), add vanilla extract.
- 5. Form a batter, split the batter in proportion 2/3 and 1/3.
- 6. Put it in a fridge for 15-20 mins.
- 7. Preheat the stove to 350F,grease the baking dish, take the batter and spread 2/3 of batter over the baking dish. (as it’s very tender I was spreading it with my hands)
- 8. Filling: take the filling you are planning to use, I’m using cherries, spread over the batter and shred the1/3 of batter over the filling. (So your pie would look like a curly pie).
- 9. Bake the pie for 20-25 mins untli the crust is golden brown.
- 10. Enjoy! (I enjoyed it a lot)