Boxed Brownies - BFB's Way
Check out my healthy rendition on a delicious boxed brownie mix.
This recipe contains brownie mix, eggs, bananas, oil (coconut), water, chocolate chips, walnuts
9 - 16 Servings
- 1 standard sized brownie mix box
- 1 egg
- 1 whole very ripe banana, mashed
- Coconut oil replaced for the oil (or butter) called for in the recipe
- Water (amount called for in recipe)
- 1/4 cup(s) mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to the temperature indicated on your box mix. Grease an 8x8 pan (or larger if you prefer thinner brownies).
- 2. Make the brownie mix according to the directions, replacing the oil or butter called for with coconut oil.
- 3. Mix in the banana and chocolate chips or walnuts (if you're using them).
- 4. Pour into your pan and spread into 1 even layer.
- 5. Bake according to the time indicated on the box (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean!).
- 6. Cool completely before cutting and serving.