Blueberry Lime Margaritas
Fresh fruit comes together into a great margarita. Omit the tequila and enjoy a smoothie instead!
This recipe contains blueberries, limes, limes, ice, tequila, agave nectar, sea salt
2 large or 4 small drinks servings
Prep time: 10 min
- 1 cup fresh blueberries*
- juice of 1 large or 2 small limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 4 oz. tequila
- 2 T agave nectar (or more to taste)
- sea salt
- 1. Puree blueberries in blender or food processor.
- 2. Add lime juice, 1 tsp. lime zest, ice cubes, tequila and agave nectar.
- 3. Blend until no ice chunks remain.
- 4. Put pitcher in freezer for about 15 minutes or until it starts to get slushy.
- 5. While it is chilling, rim glasses with sea salt mixed with the remaining lime zest.
- 6. Remove pitcher from freezer and give it another whirl to remix.
- 7. Pour into margartia glasses and garnish with blueberries and a slice of lime. Enjoy!
- 8. *You could probably substitute frozen blueberries here, but it's blueberry season!
- 9. Note: Omit the tequila for a great smoothie!