Blueberry Ginger Salsa with Grilled Halibut
A savory blueberry salsa combined with spicy ginger, fresh mint or cilantro, aromatic shallots and perfect over grilled fish or poultry. A lovely summer dish.
This recipe contains blueberries, shallots, ginger, mint, lemons, olive oil, honey, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
- 1 pt. fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. heaping tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- Squeeze of Lemon (about a tablespoon)
- Olive oil (a few teaspoons)
- or two of honey
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1. Half the blueberries if you can, or lightly chop.
- 2. Toss together the blueberries, shallots, ginger, and mint. In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and honey.
- 3. Toss the lemon oil with the blueberries and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4. This is definitely one of those recipes you can prepare to taste. A little more ginger, a little less mint or maybe a little more honey. Whatever you decide, it’ll be delicious!
- 5. I love this fresh and flavorful salsa over grilled white fish; halibut, black cod, Hawaiian opah and grilled scallops.