Blueberry & Orange Maple Scones
Blueberry & Orange Maple Scones are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or late night snack. Using maple syrup replaces granulated sugar for a healthier option.
This recipe contains flour, baking powder, salt, maple syrup, butter, eggs, heavy cream, orange extract, vanilla extract, oranges, blueberries, sugar, , sugar (powdered, confectioners), vanilla extract, oranges
- 2 cup(s) plus 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup(s) maple syrup
- 12 tbsp. cold butter, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) plus 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp. orange extract
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped orange zest
- 1 cup(s) blueberries
- Sugar or Maple Sugar
- For the Glaze
- 1 cup(s) icing sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (I used vanilla paste)
- juice from one orange
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F
- 2. In the bowl of a mixer, mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and maple syrup
- 3. Add in the butter and mix until it's the size of peas
- 4. In separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of the cream, eggs, orange zest, vanilla and orange extracts, and slowly add into the mixer.
- 5. Toss the blueberries in the remaining 2 tbsp of flour and gently fold into the batter
- 6. On a floured surface, carefully shape the dough into a ball and cut in half.
- 7. Lightly dust the surface of the dough with more flour and press into disc shape about 3/4" thick.
- 8. Brush each disc with the remaining 2 tbsp of cream and sprinkle with sugar
- 9. Bake for 25 min, or until browned and slightly firm to the touch.
- 10. Cool on wire rack
- 11. In bowl, mix together the icing sugar, vanilla and orange juice. Stir until no lumps are left and is combined.
- 12. Drizzle over top the scones and allow to cool completely.