Blue Cheese Tartlets With Fig Jam and Walnuts
Blue cheese and fig jam go together like PB&J, but you can make these savory treats with any soft cheese and any filling. Not a blue cheese fan? Make the shells with goat cheese and fill them with a spicy strawberry jam.
This recipe contains blue cheese, unsalted butter, flour (all-purpose), jam (fig), walnuts, oranges, thyme (dried)
2 - 3 Dozen
- 3 oz. blue cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) fig jam
- 1/3 cup(s) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 orange, for zesting
- fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Lightly grease the cups of the mini muffin pans, unless you’re using non-stick pans.
- 3. In a medium bowl cream together the blue cheese and butter.
- 4. Add the flour and use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- 5. Divide the dough into 30 pieces and roll into balls. (If you prefer a more delicate shell, divide the dough into 36 pieces.)
- 6. Using lightly floured fingers evenly press the dough against the sides of the mini tart pan until the dough rises slightly above the rim of the muffin cup.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- 8. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- 9. Remove shells to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 10. Store cooled shells in an airtight container until ready to use. (They freeze well too. Bake frozen shells for 8 minutes at 325°F before filling.)
- 11. Spoon jam into cooled tartlet shells.
- 12. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts, orange zest, and thyme leaves if using.