Blackberry Pie Cobbler
This recipe for Blackberry Pie Cobbler will tickle your sweet tooth and jiggle your memory for days gone by.
This recipe contains pie crust, sugar, flour (all-purpose), vanilla extract, blackberries, butter, eggs, sugar (raw)
- 3 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 5 cup(s) Blackberries fresh preferred frozen is ok too (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2 tbsp. cold butter chopped into small pieces
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tbsp. Raw Sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450.
- 2. Unroll one pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and set your pie plate onto the crust.
- 3. Using the pie plate as a pattern, cut around the bottom of the pie plate with a butter knife. (This will form the middle crust in your pie/cobbler).
- 4. Place this circle onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- 5. Place this on the center rack of the oven and bake until the pastry is dry and lightly browned and developing small bubbles on the surface – about 10 minutes.
- 6. Set this pie crust aside to cool.
- 7. Into a pie plate, place one refrigerated pie crust and allow the extra to hang over the edges.
- 8. Unroll the final pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 1 ½ inch wide strips.
- 9. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the flour and set aside.
- 10. Stir the vanilla into a ¼ Cup of water.
- 11. Scatter ½ of the blackberries into the the bottom pie crust that is in the pie plate.
- 12. Sprinkle half of the sugar mix over the berries and half of the water mix over the berries. Scatter ½ of the butter chunks onto the berries as well.
- 13. Placed the prebaked pie crust on top of the berries and repeat step 5 above, scattering the remaining berries, sugar, water and butter.
- 14. Using the strips of cut pie crust, weave the top of the pie crust.
- 15. Wetting your fingers with water, dampen the underside of each strip where it will attach to the bottom pie crust and pinch together.
- 16. Going around the pie plate – crimp the bottom edge and top edge together.
- 17. Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg.
- 18. Sprinkle with the Raw Sugar.
- 19. Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- 20. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 and then reduce heat to 350 for another 45 minutes or until the filling is juicy and bubbling up through the pastry strips.
- 21. Place on a cooling rack or folded kitchen towel and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- 22. Serve warm or at room temperature.