Banana Foster Bread Pudding
Banana Foster Bread Pudding... A Classic Bread Pudding With A Twist
This recipe contains butter, sugar (brown), eggs, bread (challah), heavy cream, milk, liqueur (vanilla), cinnamon, vanilla extract, bananas, , bananas, butter, sugar (brown)
6 - 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 lb. Bread (I used a brioche roll)
- 2 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1 cup(s) Cream De Banana Liqueur
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 6 Bananas (sliced)
- Optional Topping:
- 2 Bananas (sliced)
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter
- 1 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 3. Beat in eggs then stir in the cream, milk, liqueur, cinnamon, vanilla and bread.
- 4. Once well combined fold in the sliced bananas carefully.
- 5. Pour into a 13x9 baking dish and cook for 90 minutes or until completely set.
- 6. This can be served hot, room temp or cold. It can be topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or as I did with the following topping.
- 7. In a sauce pan over medium high heat melt the butter then add the brown sugar.
- 8. Once melted add the banana slices and stir gently, cook until the syrup has reduced and the bananas have caramelized.
- 9. This will take about 5-10 minutes, be careful to not let your sugar burn.
- 10. When ready ladle some of this hot sauce over each serving of bread pudding.