Baked Tomato, Goat Cheese and Swiss Chard Dip
Velvety delicious goat cheese melts with tomatoes and spicy swiss chard to create an incredibly rich, and relatively healthy, dip.
This recipe contains chard, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, tomatoes (diced), cheese (goat), cheese (parmesan, shredded)
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer servings
- 1 bunch of Swiss Chard (about 7 oz) leaves halved then sliced into 1/2 inch ribbons
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/8 t chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1 - 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 - 4 oz log of goat cheese
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan
- 1. Warm olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- 2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3. Add swiss chard and chili flakes, tossing with garlic.
- 4. Cook for 2 minutes, just until wilted.
- 5. Add the can of tomatoes to the chard mixture and combine.
- 6. Place the cheese log in a 2 quart.
- 7. Top with tomato and chard mixture.
- 8. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 9. Top with parmesan and broil until, browned a bit, about 8-10 minutes.
- 10. Delicious served with pita chips or tortilla chips!