Baked Tofu Cheesecake
This cheesecake is light and moist that almost melts in your mouth. If you're a fan of Tofu and Cheesecake, here is the simple combination recipe that you don't have to worry about unwanted calories.
This recipe contains , tofu (silken), cream cheese, eggs, milk (soy), lemon juice, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose), , egg whites, caster sugar
- 250 g. Silken tofu (tube form)
- 250 g. Cream cheese
- 5 Egg yolks
- 120 ml. Soya milk (unsweetened)
- 3 Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 70 g. Plain flour (sifted)
- 5 Egg whites
- 130 g. Caster sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 170C.
- 2. Line a 9" cake tin and wrap with heavy duty aluminium foil to prevent any water from sipping into the cheesecake during baking.
- 3. In a food processor, blend tofu, cream cheese, 5 eggs, soy milk lemon juice, vanilla extract and flour until smooth.
- 4. Put mixture in a large bowl.
- 5. In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites and caster sugar until semi-firm peaks form to make soft meringue.
- 6. Use a whisk to mix 1/3 soft meringue with mixture.
- 7. Gently fold in the rest with spatula.
- 8. Pour mixture into cake tin and steam bake for about 50 mins at the lower rack of the oven.
- 9. Move the cheesecake to upper rack of the oven and switch temperature to grill for about 30 seconds to one minute to get a nice golden colour on top of the cake.
- 10. Leave cheesecake to cool in room temperature, remove and best to chill before serve.