Baked Jalapeno Dip
Enjoy no cholesterol,vegetarian, gluten free, and healthy baked jalapeno dip with a spicy and tangy twist to it - read more at http://www.kiipfit.com/baked-jalapeno-dip/
This recipe contains jalapenos, salt, lemons, non-fat greek yogurt, fresh dill, fresh garlic
- 4 jalapenos (seeds removed)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (thick)
- 1 tsp dill herbs
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- 2. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner/parchment paper.
- 3. Slice the jalapenos length wise into two and place them on the cookie sheet.
- 4. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp salt and lemon juice on them.
- 5. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until you start getting the aroma of the jalapenos. (Make sure they are not burnt or not very dark)
- 6. The jalapenos should be immediately removed from the oven as soon as the aroma starts to fill your kitchen.
- 7. Put the cookie sheet on the wire rack to cool down.
- 8. Then combine rest of the ingredients in the food processor/grinder and grind until smooth.
- 9. The dip will be slightly loose in consistency.
- 10. Garnish the dip with more dill leaves and serve immediately with your choice of veggies, crackers, and chips.
- 11. Can be used as a sandwich spread or in wraps.
- 12. Store in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.