Baked Habanero Hot Wings
Baked, sticky, HOT Habanero wings. Perfect for a light meal, an appetizer or for your next party or gathering.
This recipe contains chicken wings, peppers (habanero), soy sauce, garlic (fresh), ginger (fresh), sugar (brown), onions, honey, salt, scallions, sesame seed, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 14 - 16 whole chicken wings
- 2 whole habaneros, deseeded (alter for spiciness)
- 1 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or (1/2 pear or apple)
- 1/2 whole small onion
- 2 tbsp. honey
- scallions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- black pepper
- 1. Apply the salt and pepper on the chicken wings for the pre rub. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare the marinade/glaze by adding all ingredients (minus the honey) to a food processor. Pulse until smooth and completely mixed through.
- 3. Transfer to a saucepan and add the 2 tbsp honey. Bring to a boil until thickened, 5 minutes. Keep ready until basting.
- 4. Bake the wings for about 30 minutes while basting them frequently every 10 minutes or so.
- 5. After 30 minutes, set to broil and let cook for another 15~20 minutes while basting with remaining glaze. Broiling near the end creates crispier and crunchier wings that we personally enjoy.
- 6. When wings are charred and slightly burned, transfer to a serving plate.
- 7. Let cool for several minutes and garnish with thinly sliced scallion and/or toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!!