Baked Apple Pie Roses
Wow your family and guests with these easy to make and delicious Baked Apple Pie Roses.
This recipe contains apples, lemons, preserves (apricot), water, puff pastry, cinnamon, sugar (powdered, confectioners)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 3 apples, I used Honeycrisp
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Remove puff pastry from freezer and thaw according to package directions.
- 2. Slice apples in half from top to bottom. Remove the core ends and scoop out the core in the center. Slice the apples into very thin slices.
- 3. Fill a medium sized bowl with water and squeeze juice of ½ a lemon into the water. Immediately place the sliced apples in the bowl of water and microwave for 5 minutes until slightly tender. Drain the apples into a colander after you prepare the puff pastry.
- 4. Unwrap the puff pastry onto a lightly floured counter or board. Roll each pastry out with a rolling pin to about 12 x 9 inches. Cut the dough into 6 strips, about 2 x 9 inches each.
- 5. In a small bowl, place the apricot preserves with the water and microwave for one minute (this will make it spread easier). Spread a thin layer of preserves on each strip of dough.
- 6. Place 7-9 apple slices, overlapping the slices, along one half of the pastry slice with the peel side facing out. Make sure the slices stick out a little from the top of the strip. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold up the bottom part of the dough, folding it in half.
- 7. Starting from one end, carefully roll the dough and apples to the other end of the pastry strip, keeping the apple slices in place. Seal, press down, the edge of the dough at the end.
- 8. Place in a regular muffin tin sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven so the bottom of the pastries do not burn. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked. You can loosely cover with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes to avoid burning the top. Eat right away after you sprinkle with powdered sugar.