Bailey's Creme Brûlée French Toast
A perfect treat for a weekend breakfast. And, you get to use a torch!
This recipe contains bread, eggs, milk, baileys, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar, fruit, whipped cream,
4 slices of texas toast servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- bread (we used 4 slices of texas toast)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup baileys
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- white sugar
- assorted fruit
- whipped cream
- 1. Take the milk, baileys, eggs, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and mix these together really well.
- 2. Take your bread and place it in a pan, cover it with the milk mix, making sure that each and every part of the bread is soaking up the boozy goodness.
- 3. When your milk mix is pretty much all soaked up, heat up a large frying pan and melt a tablespoon or so of butter in it.
- 4. When heated, start to fry your french toast. It's going to be really soft of be careful not to tear or break it.
- 5. When your french toast is done, turn the heat off and put about 1 tablespoon of white sugar on top of each piece.
- 6. Spread it around so it's in a thin layer.
- 7. Then, fire up the kitchen torch and brulee the tops of the toast.
- 8. Once bruleed, we topped our toast with whipped cream and a basic fruit salad (strawberries, black berries and pineapple).