Baharat turkey rolls
Succulent, aromatic meat with melting cheese and crispy bacon.
This recipe contains deli turkey breast, bacon, feta cheese, baharat seasoning, salt, olive oil, butter, garlic, , black pepper, cumin, coriander powder, dried mint leaves, garlic (granulated), fresh nutmeg, cardamom powder, cinnamon
4 servings servings
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 turkey steaks
- 8 thin slices bacon
- 100g feta cheese, crushed
- 4 tbs baharat* seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- * Turkish baharat spice mix:
- 2 tbs ground black pepper
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs chopped dried mint leaves
- 1 tbs garlic (granules)
- 1 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1. Flatten the steaks carefully with a meat mallet.
- 2. Place 2 slices of bacon on each steak, sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 3. Roll the steak into a roll and secure with a metal or wooden toothpicks.
- 4. Mix baharat and salt.
- 5. Coat the rolls with the baharat on all sides.
- 6. Very briefly sauté the garlic in a mixture of oil and butter (to infuse it with the garlic aroma),
- 7. Take the garlic out of the fat.
- 8. Sauté rolls in the oil and butter mixture for about 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- 9. Before serving take toothpicks out of the meat.
- 10. * Combine all the ingredients together till well mixed. Store in an airtight jar and keep away from direct sunlight.
- 11. Serve with the roasted cauliflower.