Bacon Veggie Quiche
A simple quiche to make the morning of or the day before.
This recipe contains olive oil, bell peppers (red), broccoli, red onions, squash (yellow), mushrooms, garlic, bacon, roma tomatoes, spinach, ricotta cheese, shredded cheese, eggs, salt, pie crust, black pepper
4-6 servings servings
- 1-2 Tbp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 slices bacon
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- Large handful of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (of your choice)
- 6 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Unroll crust and place into pie pan.
- 3. Bake for 10 min at 375.
- 4. Remove from oven.
- 5. Sauté red pepper and broccoli with the oil over medium heat for 3-5 min.
- 6. Add onion, squash, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté till al dente. 5-10 min.
- 7. While veggies sauté cook bacon, as desired.
- 8. In a separate bowl beat eggs with whisk or fork.
- 9. Mix in ricotta and shredded cheeses until well combined.
- 10. Add salt and pepper to egg mixture.
- 11. Chop bacon and add to egg mixture.
- 12. Add veggies to egg mixture.
- 13. Pour just enough mixture into the pie pan (with the precooked crust in it) to coat the bottom.
- 14. Place a large handful of spinach leaves over the egg mixture in the pie pan to create a layer.
- 15. Pour remaining egg mixture on top of spinach.
- 16. Top with sliced tomatoes, arrange as desired.
- 17. Cover in foil and back 40 min.
- 18. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 min.