Bacon Rose Quiche
This Bacon Rose Quiche is so rich and creamy; it will melt in your mouth. It’s the best quiche recipe I have ever tried! Bacon slices made into cute roses for the top make this dish perfect for company.
This recipe contains olive oil, butter, mushrooms (cremini), onions, salt, pepper, pie crust, bacon, cheese (swiss, shredded), cheese (gruyere, shredded), onions (green/spring), eggs, heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, sugar, cayenne pepper, nutmeg
6 servings servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
- 10 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (save a couple green pieces to decorate top, if desired)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1. Heat oven to 450°F.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3. Add the olive oil and butter.
- 4. Stir in the mushrooms and onions.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally for 8 minutes until slightly brown and tender.
- 6. Sprinkle mushroom/onion mixture, bacon, cheeses and green onion into the pastry-lined pie pan.
- 7. Whisk eggs slightly, and beat in remaining ingredients (except Bacon Roses).
- 8. Carefully pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- 9. Bake for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- 10. Then, reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- 11. Cover with aluminum foil if the top is getting too brown.
- 12. Quiche is done when knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 13. Let quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting.