Avocado & Tomato Salad Topped with Grilled Shrimp
If you are looking for a wonderfully light but flavorful meal, this one right here is delicious!!! Its so incredibly simple, comes together really quickly and minimal cooking on these hot days! I toasted up corn tortillas in the oven, topped that with a simple avocado tomato salad and on top of that some nice big grilled shrimp. On the side, an ear of corn! I've also got a little bonus idea at the bottom for an awesome salad to use up extra shrimp!
This recipe contains shrimp, avocados, tomatoes (plum), limes, fresh cilantro, tortillas (corn), garlic powder, salt, baby arugula, pepper
serves 2 servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocado, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 limes
- fresh cilantro, rough chopped to taste
- corn tortillas
- garlic powder
- baby arugula
- 1. Place the corn tortillas on a baking sheet (or straight onto the rack like I did haha) and bake for about 8-10 mins in a 375 degree oven or until golden and crisp.
- 2. For the salad, mix together the avocado, tomato, juice of a lime, cilantro, a few sprinkles of garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3. Rinse the shrimp, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill 2-3 mins per side on a hot grill.
- 5. Layer it up... corn tortilla, salad and those gorgeous shrimp.
- 6. Finish it off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice!
- 7. Now for the salad.
- 8. We had this for lunch the following day. You can heat the shrimp up a bit in a hot pan or serve cold in this salad.
- 9. The base is baby arugula, topped with half a sliced avocado, the grilled shrimp, plum tomato and a slice of turkey bacon.
- 10. Dressed super simply with lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil.