Autumn Fried Rice with Buffalo Nuts®
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Autumn Fried Rice with Buffalo Nuts®, was created by Keyone Weathers.
This recipe contains peanuts (spicy), rice (white), apples, squash (yellow), carrots, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, soy sauce, vegetable oil, chicken stock
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Tropical Food's Buffalo Nuts
- 3 cup(s) white rice
- 1/2 cup(s) red apples, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow squash, diced.
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots, diced
- 1 clove(s) large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Chicken stock or broth as needed
- 1. In a large sauce or frying pan, add enough oil to coat the pan.
- 2. Turn heat to medium high.
- 3. Add onions and cook for 50 seconds.
- 4. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- 5. Stir mixture so it does not stick and add a very little amount of chicken stock if pan becomes too dry.
- 6. Add carrots, squash, apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 7. Cook for 20 seconds and add trail mix.
- 8. Mix ingredients in pan and cook for additional 20-30 seconds.
- 9. Add more chicken stock if needed.
- 10. Add rice to the pan and pour the soy sauce on top; mix to combine.
- 11. Once the soy sauce is absorbed into the rice, turn the heat to low.
- 12. Serve and enjoy.