Authentic Mexican Guacamole
One Recipe, Two Methods of Preparation
Guacamole can be prepared in two ways: with a bowl and fork or in the molcajete, a Mexican mortar end pestle. Making it in the molcajete gets the most incredible results. Let us show you both methods of preparation.
This recipe contains avocados, tomatoes (roma), chiles (serrano), onions, cilantro, salt
Prep time: 15 min
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup(s) finely chopped Roma tomato
- 2 serrano chiles very finely chopped (seeded and deveined)
- 3 tbsp. heaping tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. minced cilantro
- Salt to taste (usually about 3/4 of a teaspoon)
- 1. STANDARD METHOD
- 2. Remove the flesh of the avocados.
- 3. Mash the avocados with the back of a fork.
- 4. Add the other ingredients and incorporate evenly.
- 5. Add salt to taste.
- 6. MOLCAJETE METHOD
- 7. Add the chopped onion, serrano chile, cilantro and salt to the molcajete.
- 8. Grind until you have a smooth paste.
- 9. Add the avocados to the molcajete and grind until slightly chunky.
- 10. Add the tomatoes to the molcajete and incorporate. Do not grind the tomatoes.
- 11. Adjust the salt.