The asparagus pie is a classic recipe. It is a simple and easy recipe and it needs only 20 minutes to be prepared, then you bake it and in less than 1 hour you have a wonderful yummy asparagus pie.
This recipe contains puff pastry, asparagus, eggs, milk, cheese (emmentaler), cheese (ricotta), salt, pepper
4-5 portions servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- Puff pastry: 230 gr (8.1 oz) (or 1 ready disc)
- Asparagus: 600 gr (21.2 oz)
- Eggs: 2
- Milk: 200 ml (or soy milk)
- Emmenthal cheese: 80 gr (2.8 oz)
- Ricotta cheese: 200 gr (7.0 oz)
- 1. Clean the asparagus and cut the end of the stem (the hardest part).
- 2. Boil them in salted water for 5-6 min.
- 3. Meanwhile in a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4. Add the milk.
- 5. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- 6. Drain and dry the asparagus.
- 7. Let them cool.
- 8. Halve the asparagus.
- 9. Keep the asparagus tips (6-7 cm) aside and chopped the remaining stems in pieces.
- 10. Add the emmenthal, the asparagus stems pieces and the ricotta to the egg mixture.
- 11. Roll out the puff pastry to form a disc of about 24 cm in diameter and 1-2 mm thick.
- 12. Put the disc in a baking pan greased with little oil and prick the puff pastry with a fork.
- 13. Pour the asparagus mixture and decorate the pie with the asparagus tips.
- 14. Fold the edges of the puff pastry.
- 15. Bake in preheated oven at 180 ° C (350°F) for 25-30 minutes (or until golden).