Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes with Pesto on Farfalle Pasta
We often have a craving for a pasta dish. We start by searching the frig and pantry for ingredients. We found Farfalle pasta, some organic cherry tomatoes, some organic asparagus, a partial jar of Pesto sauce, some pignolis (pine nuts) that we had sautéed, some fresh basil and a block of Parmesan cheese. So this delicious pasta was born of expedience. It was quick and easy to make and very tasty as usual.
This recipe contains pasta (farfalle), asparagus, tomatoes (cherry), pesto, pine nuts, olive oil (extra virgin), cheese (parmesan)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 6 oz. farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/2 bunch of thin asparagus, cut to 5 - 6 inch lengths
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 can(s) oz. jar of pesto sauce
- 1/8 cup(s) roasted or sauteed pine nuts (pignolis)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Warm the pesto sauce in a small pot on the stove. When it starts to bubble, turn it off and cover to keep warm.
- 2. Boil the Farfalle pasta in oiled and salted water until al dente (10 - 11 minutes).
- 3. While the pasta is cooking, saute the asparagus over medium heat in the olive oil in a 10 inch pan for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Reserve in a warm oven with the plates.
- 5. Place the tomatoes in the pan and saute until they start to wrinkle (about 4 - 5 minutes).
- 6. Then reserve with the asparagus.
- 7. When the pasta is cooked, drain and shake dry in a colander and serve.