Asparagus and Asiago Frittata
Asparagus and Asiago Frittata is easy to make, and is a delightful spring dish. It’s perfect served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This recipe contains eggs, asparagus, butter, olive oil, whipping cream, thyme (fresh), garlic (fresh), salt, black pepper, cheese (asiago), tomatoes (cherry)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 5 eggs
- 1 lb. thin asparagus washed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped and divided
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 oz. Asiago cheese, sliced thin
- 4 - 5 whole cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1. Pour Caesar dressing over the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 2. Slice the romaine lettuce lengthwise into quarters and place on a foil lined sheet tray sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the croutons with cooking spray and toss with the parmesan cheese. Place on the foil lined sheet tray with the romaine. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a second foil lined sheet tray sprayed with cooking.
- 3. Preheat your broiler to HIGH. Broil the chicken for about 5 minutes until browned and cooked through. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170 degrees F. Remove from oven and keep warm. Place the romaine and croutons under the broiler for another 5 minutes until the lettuce is charred and the croutons are golden. Toss the croutons once or twice for even browning. Remove the romaine from the broiler if done before the croutons
- 4. To serve Sheet Tray Chicken Caesar, place a wedge of romaine on each plate. Top with chicken and toasted croutons. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with a lemon wedge and extra Caesar dressing on the side.