Asian Coleslaw with Baked Salmon
My favourite thing is eating out, second favourite is eating in. That's how this recipe for Asian Coleslaw with Salmon came about. I ate in a restaurant and couldn't stop thinking about it so just had to work it out for myself. Good recipe for Easter brunch/lunch too!
This recipe contains , fish (salmon), lemons, olive oil, salt, , cabbage (napa), corn (sweet), bean sprouts, zucchini, carrots, , mayonnaise, mirin, wasabi paste, limes, chives (dried), , avocados, seaweed, limes
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- For the Salmon
- 4 x salmon filets of about 150gr / 5 oz. each
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. x tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Coleslaw
- 6 to 8 leaves of Chinese lettuce leaf, shredded
- 200 oz. / 7 oz. sweet corn
- 200 oz. / 7 oz. beansprouts
- 1 x courgette (zucchini), shredded or cut julienne
- 200 oz. / 7 oz. grated carrot
- For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. x tbsp good quality mayonnaise (or 2 x tbsp mayonnaise and 2 x tbsp natural yogurt this will give a sharper result)
- 4 tbsp. x tbsp Japanese Mirin
- 3 tsp. x tsp wasabi paste (more if you want more of a kick)
- Juice of one lime (About 2 x tbsps.)
- 4 tbsp. x tbsp finely chopped chives
- To Finish
- An avocado, sliced and served on the side.
- 1 tbsp. per person of wakame (Japanese Seaweed Salad)
- 2 x limes quartered.
- 1. Method To Bake the Salmon
- 2. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- 3. Place aluminium foil in a roasting tray. Use enough foil so that you can wrap the fish in it loosely.
- 4. Place the fish on the foil.
- 5. Drizzle over the oil and the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and the pepper.
- 6. Cover your fish with the foil, making a loose parcel.
- 7. Place the tray in the oven and allow to bake for 7 to 12 minutes. The cooking time will not only depend on your oven, but also on how thick the salmon filets are. You can bake the salmon in advance as it should be served at room temperature.
- 8. To Make the Coleslaw and Dressing
- 9. Mix the dressing ingredients, except for the chives, together in a bowl. I find the best way to do this is with a metal whisk.
- 10. Then stir in the chives. Check for flavoring and adjust if you wish.
- 11. Set aside.
- 12. Place the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- 13. When you are ready to serve pour over the dressing and toss through until evenly mixed.
- 14. Serve with the salmon on the top of your salad and the spoonful of wakame (seaweed) on top of the salmon and a few slices of avocado and a wedge of lime on the side.