Ready for a fall flavored granola? Apples, Currants, Cinnamon and Spice. Serve it up for a delicious breakfast treat!
This recipe contains oats, almonds, cinnamon, allspice, salt (kosher), applesauce, maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, apple slices (freeze dried), currants, milk
8-10 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (1.2 oz each) freeze dried apple slices
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1. Heat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over, combine honey, maple syrup, applesauce and coconut oil.
- 3. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately turn down to medium-low to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often until the mixture thickens just a little. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 4. Mix the oats, almonds, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a large bowl.
- 5. Pour the applesauce mixture over the oat mixture. Stir to coat thoroughly, and spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- 6. Bake the granola for about 45 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until the granola is golden brown and crisp. Keeping an eye on it towards the end of the baking time.
- 7. With about 5 minutes remaining on the baking time, stir in the dried apples and currants.
- 8. Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet. It will crisp up more as it cools. Store the granola in a large, airtight container.
- 9. Serve with milk or on top of yogurt.