Apple, Beet, Fennel, and Sunchoke Salad
Once peeled and prepared, the high-iron sunchoke has a whispered nutty flavor, which pairs nicely with the licorice nip of fennel, and the smack of apple.For more local food recipes, visit http://localme.tumblr.com
This recipe contains sunchokes, fennel bulb, beets (golden), apples, olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
- 10 sunchokes, peeled
- 1 fennel, stalks and fronds removed
- 6 - 8 golden beets, peeled
- 1 - 2 apples, cored
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Shake of salt
- Shake of pepper
- 1. In a bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- 2. Thinly slice (mandolin recommended) the sunchokes, fennel, beets, and apple, and add to bowl.
- 3. Throw a few shakes of salt and pepper on top and mix well.
- 4. Decorate with fennel fronds if you’d like.
- 5. Serve cold.