Apple Semolina Halva
The following recipe is to prepare the autumn Halva from semolina flavoured with apple, cinnamon, raisins, and nuts.
This recipe contains syrup, water, sugar, , apples, , ghee, semolina flour, cinnamon, cloves, oil, , , pistachios, chestnuts, parsley, cinnamon, star anise
16 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup cane sugar, (if you like more, add 2 1/2 to taste)
- Semolina mixture:
- 3 cups apples cut into slices (about 5-6 apples)
- 1/2 cup sultana
- 1/2 cup ghee butter (or vegetable oil)
- 2 cups semolina
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp oil to grease the dish with a diameter (e.g. 27 cm / 10.5 inches)
- 3 apples of different colors (yellow, pink, burgundy)
- 50 g pistachios
- 3 - 4 chestnuts, roasted
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley, marjoram, or other herbs
- 1 tsp cinnamon for sprinkling Halva
- 2 star anise
- 1. Mix sugar with water and cook a few minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Chop apples, mix with raisins and cloves, add ¼ l of water, boil on low heat for about 8 min.
- 3. Melt the ghee (a healthier form of clarified butter without milk proteins) and gradually add semolina stirring over medium heat, sauté until golden brown.
- 4. Add the syrup and stir gently over low heat until the mixture starts thickening.
- 5. Add apples with cinnamon (take cloves out), stir and when the mixture begins to separate from the pot, transfer to a greased form (27 cm / 10.5 inches in diameter).
- 6. Allow to cool and solidify.
- 7. Meanwhile, cut apple slices, then carve apple flowers and leaves, place on the rack and leave in the oven at 150-170 ° C (302-338 ° F) for about 10 min.
- 8. Then take Halva out onto the tray and garnish with roasted apples and other ornaments mentioned in the Ingredients section.