Apple Persimmon Sauce
Apple persimmon sauce. An easy, healthy and in season dessert.
This recipe contains persimmons, apples, cinnamon, fresh nutmeg, water, brown sugar, lemon juice
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 persimmons, peeled and cubed
- 6 apples, peeled and cubed (I used granny smith)
- 1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- 2. Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- 3. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- 4. Mash apple sauce with a potato masher until it’s your desired consistency.
- 5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- 6. Can also be frozen and stored for up to a year.