Black Beans & Brown Rice With Garlicky Kale
A quick, vegan, high fiber and glutenfree lunch option to add variety to your healthy diet.
This recipe contains olive oil, garlic, sesame seed, onions (green/spring), baby kale, beans (black), black pepper, cumin (ground), salt, rice (brown), hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried garlic*
- 1 tsp. white sesame seeds
- 2 cup(s) + 3/4 cups scallions
- 2 cup(s) chopped baby kale
- 1 can(s) oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 tbsp. crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cup(s) brown rice (cooked)
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds*
- 1. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and sesame seeds, as soon as they start getting brown slow down the flame and add white portion of the green onions/spring onions/scallions.
- 2. Sauté for few minutes in the low flame and add kale and sauté again.
- 3. Then add black beans. Mix well.
- 4. Mix in all the spices and sauté again for few minutes.
- 5. Toss in green portion of the green onions/spring onions/scallions and sauté again.
- 6. Add brown rice and mix well so that the rice is fully coated.
- 7. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until done.
- 8. Take it out in a serving plate and garnish with hemp seeds.
- 9. Serve hot, or at room temperature or can be served cold. Can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated and consumed the next day.