Black Bean Chipotle Dip
Black Bean Chipotle Dip is a flavor explosion in your mouth! Tangy, savory, smoky and a tiny bit sweet, this HOT dip disappears quickly!
This recipe contains black beans, onions, garlic, chipotle peppers, jalapenos, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, lime juice, cream cheese, shredded jack cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tomatoes, tortilla chips
8 servings servings
- 3 cups cooked black beans or 11/2 cans (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, onion and cilantro for the top as garnish, if desired
- Serve with tortilla chips, vegetables or crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Spray a 1½-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3. Combine everything into a food processor (or blender) except the cilantro and garnish items.
- 4. Pulse until smooth (if you’re using a blender, you may need to stop and stir a few times to help it mix thoroughly). Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference and transfer mixture into baking dish.
- 5. Cover dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 6. Uncover and bake until heated through, about 10 additional minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven and stir in the cilantro.
- 8. Top with garnish, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.