Black Bean and Peppers Taco Filling
Vegetarian Taco filling that even a meat and potato's guy will love. Loaded with onions, peppers,tomato's and black beans with just the right amount of seasoning. This taco filling would make a great side dish, or a topping on pizza and salad.
This recipe contains olive oil, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes (diced), garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, black beans
8 1/2 cup servings servings
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes with chili's (I used Habanero, by mistake, hot, hot, hot!) not drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and washed
- 1. In a skillet add olive oil, onions and bell pepper.
- 2. Cook until tender, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes and seasonings, saute for 10 minutes. Add black beans and cook until warm.
- 4. Serve with tortillas.
- 5. Additional toppings: Romaine Lettuce, Cheese, jalapenos, salsa, hot sauce, avocado, and greek yogurt