Best Kimchi Reuben Ever
Salty tender corned beef & melted Swiss, with spicy,crispy kimchi plus sweet, creamy, zesty Russian dressing…on toasted pumpernickel. Best. Sandwich. Ever.
This recipe contains , mayonnaise, ketchup, relish (sweet pickel), onions, sriracha sauce, horseradish, salt, pepper, , corned beef, swiss cheese, kimchi, , marbled rye bread, butter
2 sandwiches servings
- For The Spicy Russian Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3 teaspoons bottled horseradish, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- For The Kimchi Reuben Sandwich:
- 10 ounces sliced corned beef
- 8 thin slices of swiss cheese (4 slices if they are thick)
- 4 ounces Kimchi, drained
- 4 ounces spicy Russian dressing
- 4 slices Pumpernickel or marbled Rye Bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1. For The Spicy Russian Dressing:
- 2. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3. Dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- 4. For The Kimchi Reuben Sandwich:
- 5. If your corned beef is cold heat it up to room temperature or even warmer.
- 6. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Heat a sauce pan to medium heat.
- 7. Place 2 of the 4 slices of bread, butter side down, in the heated pan.
- 8. Add half of the cheese to each sandwich and let it melt for 1 minute.
- 9. Add the Russian dressing, Kimchi, corned beef, more dressing, the rest of the Swiss cheese and the top piece of bread. (Make sure the butter side is facing out).
- 10. Using a spatula slide under the bottom piece of bread, hold the top piece with your other hand, and gently flip the sandwich.
- 11. Allow to cook for another 2 minutes. Bread should be slightly crisp and cheese should be melted. Serve warm.