Best Lasagna Recipe
This Best Lasagna Recipe has taken years to perfect! It is ridiculously rich, meaty, gooey, cheesy and makes the perfect comfort food!
This recipe contains sausage (italian), beef (ground), onions, garlic, salt, tomatoes (diced), tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, basil, parsley, italian seasoning, , black pepper, pasta (lasagna), cheese (ricotta), eggs, , pepper, garlic powder, , cheese (parmesan), cheese (mozzarella, shredded),
12 - 14 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 whole medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can(s) undefinedoz. petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) undefinedoz. tomato paste
- 2 can(s) undefinedoz. tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles (I use the no-boil version)
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, garlic and salt over medium heat until well browned.
- 2. Drain meat and stir in petite-diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- 3. Season with sugar, basil, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 4. Simmer on low heat, covered, for about 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes if you aren’t using the no-boil variety.
- 6. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- 7. If you are using the no-boil variety, you don’t have to do any pre-cooking.
- 8. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and ½ cup Parmesan cheese, mix well.
- 9. Then, quickly stir in ¼ cup meat sauce into the ricotta mixture, which makes it easier to spread on the noodles later.
- 10. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 11. To assemble, spread 1½ cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch-baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce.
- 12. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese.
- 13. Spoon 1½ cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- 14. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- 15. Cover with foil (to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or use non-stick foil).
- 16. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 17. Remove the foil, and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- 18. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.