Berry Healthy Parfait
This dessert combines the antioxidants of berries with calcium of yogurt. It is a fusion of Indian dessert Shrikhand(made with hung yogurt) with parfait.
This recipe contains , greek yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, , strawberries, cranberries, , sugar, , strawberries, whipped cream, cinnamon
Serves 2 servings
- 2/3 cup hung yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- For Berries Compote
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup blackcurrant juice (I used Ribena)
- 2 tbsp sugar (if the berries are very sour add 1 more tbsp. sugar)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped strawberries
- Whipped cream (appx 4 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1. Whip together the Shrikhand ingredients till you get a smooth and creamy mixture (Approximately 2 minutes)
- 2. Chill for 1 hour.
- 3. Put all the compote ingredients in a pan and let in boil on low flame till you get a thick sauce like consistency ( approximately 12-15 minutes should be good enough).
- 4. Keep stirring in between.
- 5. Let it cool completely.
- 6. Now layer the dessert glass with alternate layers of compote and Shrikhand, start with a layer of compote and end with a layer of Shrikhand.
- 7. Top with a layer of chopped strawberries and pipe or spoon some whipped cream and dust it with cinnamon powder.
- 8. Chill for at least two hours before serving.
- 9. If you are using the ready to pipe whipped cream, you can add the whipped cream just before serving.